Today I tried to count my WIPs. I´m now up to 20 WIPs (if I found all of them :-).
I really have to organize my WIPs. I have to find a strategy to not become too overwhelmed with all my stitchings.
First I put all my projects for exchanges and gifts in a special bag. I usually don´t like to stitch for datelines, so I always try to finish my stitching for exchanges far before the mailing date.
I have to finish project for the Freebie Exchange. I finished the stitching, but I have to do the finishing which will take some time. The mailing date is September 19th, so I think it will be no problem to finish it in the next two weeks.
Then I have to start my stitching for the Redwork Exchange on the Stitching Blogger Exchange BB. Mailing date is November 1th, so I have some time. I think I know what I´ll stitch and how I´ll so the finishing.
And I have to stitch my Birthday gift for my Birthday Buddy for December. I´m working on it right now, so it should be finished right in time.
Now it looks like it will be feasible. The only thing, I have to try to start no new projects. So my Biedermeier Sampler has to wait till next year.
I want to finish Merry Cox Birds&Berries for myself. I´m close to finish the stitching, so this will be my focus project. And maybe I will start the House Huswif challenge from the UK TSG. It´s such a fun project. Several designers design a seasonal Huswif. Only the pattern, without instructions for stitches and no color code. So the huswif will become an unique piece for all participants.
And when I looke for my WIPs, I found the Sandy Orton English Bandsampler. I put only a few stitches in it. I totally forgot about it. I kitted it up with Vikki Clayton silks. I loved this sampler the first time I saw it.
And here my very, very few progress!!
So my strategy,
-I´ll stitch on my exchanges -
- I´ll finish B&B -
- I´ll stitch on the English Bandsampler -
- and maybe start the House Huswif -